Professional Children’s Entertainers, Engaging Characters and Memorable Parties
Children’s Party Entertainment across the East Midlands including Nottingham, Derby, Mansfield, Leicester and the surrounding areas.
Thinking of booking your child’s party with Absolutely Amazing Parties?
With authentic characters (in accurate costumes and accents), music, lighting, live singing, games, prizes, and coronation ceremonies we bring everything with us to provide all the entertainment for your child’s magical party from start to finish.
I also understand how important your party is to both you and your child; as a team we are professional, reliable and punctual – our entertainers love what they do and this shows through in every performance, event and party.
Since 2013 we have ran 1000’s of parties and there’s not much we haven’t been asked! I have tried to answer any questions you may have; anything further please do not hesitate to contact us. I still run the business on my own with help from my Man Friday Darren AKA ‘Bobby Dazzler’ (chief prop maker) and I work around my own performance commitments and of course our 4 children – I however do try and respond to queries as soon as I can.
Jayne Darling x
Our parties need to be held in a decent sized space – somewhere where kids can dance and we can play games comfortably – this can be community centres, church halls, functions rooms or even some schools hire out space for very reasonable costs.
Please note that we run 2 party slots a day:
11:00 – 13:00 (Morning)
15:00 – 17:00 (Afternoon)
The first party slot can moved earlier or the afternoon can be moved later (it’s the time between parties that is cmostrucial)
Why do we do this?
- It enables the parents of the children their morning or afternoon free instead of having to come to a party in the middle of the day.
- It fits in well with lunch and tea times – the children are more likely to eat the party food you have provided at a time where they would be naturally hungry.
- It enables our team to move between parties giving them enough time to travel, set up and pack away.
You will need your venue a minimum of 30 minutes either side of your party for set up and pack down for yourself and your entertainer.
You can make a booking request here: https://partypromanager.com/request-booking?providerId=e41b5817-34c1-40c9-8a27-c8d199eb97e0
If your date and time is available we will ask you to finalise any details and pay a booking fee. Bookings are not confirmed until we have received a booking fee and details of how to do this will be sent to you.
Booking fees are non-refundable. This fee covers our administrative costs when reserving your date, assets, equipment and any material goods required to provide the party package.
Fees vary depending on your party but typically they are around 40% of the total party cost.
Paying your Balance
The balance of your party fee must be paid directly to your entertainer which is strictly cash on the day.
Cancellation may only take place by mutual consent and any such cancellation must be confirmed in writing and acknowledged by Absolutely Amazing Parties.
Cancellation is as follows (minus any booking fees that may have been paid):
- More than 30 days from the party date; no fee payable
- Between 22 – 30 days from party date; 25% of the remaining fee.
- Between 15 – 21 days from the party date; 50% of the remaining fee.
- Between 8 – 14 days from the party date; 75% of the remaining fee.
- Between 1 – 7 days from the party date; the full remaining fee payable.
- In the unlikely event the booking has to be cancelled due to Force Majeure or illness the booking fee can be transferred to a new date and the cancellation fee waived
- If the Entertainer is unable to perform due to any reason we will try and find a satisfactory solution either with another entertainer or rescheduling. We will endeavour to provide as much notice as possible.
- In the unlikely event the Entertainer has to cancel, for example due to a car breakdown or illness then the client will be issued with a full refund of all fees paid.
Within the week before your party:
- Confirm the approx number of children attending
- Double check all information and advise of any changes or err0rs
- Any queries or questions should be directed to the office by calling 07795 342639 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parking – Please note that our entertainer/ s must be able to park close to the venue to unload equipment. Please ensure that this is possible, or a space is reserved
- If there are any parking limitations or the car park is pay and display it is essential that you make us aware before hand.
- Our party entertainer/s will need access to your venue a minimum of 30 minutes before the start of your party to set up the equipment needed for your party. They will also need 30 mins to pack down.
- Please ensure that we will be able to park close to the venue entrance or access door to unload our equipment.
- Please note that when your party entertainer / s arrives to set up their equipment s/he will be in normal clothing. We recommend that your child is kept away from the party room until the start of the party so as to not spoil the illusion; the same applies when the party is over, your entertainer will get changed to pack down his/her equipment, so it is advised that children are kept away from the area.
- Please make sure that there is a table for the entertainer in the performance area that is a minimum of 4 feet across (6 feet is ideal) and 2 chairs that are positioned near a power socket.
- Your entertainer/s will need somewhere to get changed and safely leave their belongings (Toilets are not acceptable) . We understand that many church halls are small and have limited additional space – we can usually work around this by changing in storage cupboards or behind stage curtains.
- Please keep children / party guests away from any equipment that has been set up in preparation for the party – any damages or breakages must be paid for.
What will happen at your party:
- Your party entertainer will introduce themselves and run through what will happen at your party. All entertainers work within a framework for the party, but all will have their own special twist or stamp on how they run your party.
- All equipment will be set up for the start of your party including mini disco (lighting and music system).
- At the beginning of your party your entertainer will enter and welcome all the guests to the party.
- For our two-hour bookings we provide a free eco pass the parcel as part of the package (excludes the
Star Wars Jedi Parties and Neon Parties).
- All aspects of the party can be left to us – we have plenty of experience in organising
children – but we are not to have complete supervision of the children there must be at least one adult present always. We are also not there to discipline the children.
When to serve food:
- For one-hour bookings your party will run for the first hour at which point the character will say goodbye and the children will sit down for their food.
- For 90-minute parties the party will run for 1 1⁄2 hours, the character will then say goodbye and the children will sit down for food.
- For two-hour bookings food should be served after an hour; your character / s will have a short break and then sit with the children during this time and lead singing of Happy Birthday. The party will then continue after party food . The total time is 2 hours including the break for party food.
What we provide:
- Free digital / printable party invitations
- Full support by phone if you have any questions at all
- All equipment needed to run the party including music and light equipment
- All games and prizes
- Coronation ceremony / superhero initiation / Jedi Diploma including gift for the birthday child.
- For two-hour bookings a FREE Pass the Parcel (Excludes the Star Wars Jedi Parties and Neon Glow Parties)
What you should provide:
- An optional Pass the Parcel for 1-hour and 90-minute parties – again we can provide one for you at an additional cost of £10. This is not essential, just a suggestion.
- The venue
- Party food and cake
- Party bags
- A suitable place for the character / s to get changed and securely leave their personal
belongings. This can be a separate area, the kitchen, a tidy cupboard but not the toilets please as this is not suitable.
Parties, especially Princess parties, can get quite messy with fake snow (made of plastic), glitter and wrapping paper. We also use a bubble machine, and optional snow machine.
**Please check with your venue that they are happy with everything that we will be using**
Some venues have expensive floors and are used for dancing – the hirer can be very sensitive to what goes on the floor.
Please note that during the party small sweet treats will be given to the children including:
- White Chocolate and Chocolate Coins
- Fizzy sweets
- Haribo Sweets
If you are aware of any child with special dietary requirements e.g. Vegan / vegetarian or for religious reasons, please let us know.
Nut Allergy – Please make us aware if any child attending your party has a nut allergy
No. The party is fully organised, and we provide all the music, microphones and party lighting required.
Do I need any other entertainment or a bouncy castle?
No. We provide all the entertainment for your party. Please DO NOT book a bouncy castle they are noisy and a huge distraction to children and it makes our job extremely difficult and impossible to keep the children engaged. Remember less is more, especially when it comes to keeping children focussed.
If there has to be a bouncy castle at your party we will require it to be turned off whilst your entertainment is taking place.
Are you qualified and insured? Are you CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) / DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checked?
All of our entertainers are self-employed and have their own Public Liability Insurance. The rules regarding CRB (no longer used) / DBS have changed and are not required and cannot be obtained for party entertainers as this is not a regulated activity. Children should always be supervised at the party by an adult, we are not to be left in the sole care of children as our insurance will be void.
- Do you provide all the games and prizes?
Yes, we provide all games and prizes.
- Do you provide a Pass the Parcel?
For two-hour party bookings an eco Pass the Parcel is included free of charge. (excluding Star Wars Jedi Parties and Neon Glow Parties). For shorter parties you can provide your own or we can supply for an additional charge.
- Does the birthday child get a gift?
The birthday child receives a certificate / diploma and small gift. Birthday Princesses also get a coronation with tiara.
If you have 1 party entertainer the maximum number of children is 30 – over and above this you will need to book a second character / entertainer. For Star Wars Jedi Parties the maximum is 30 children but the ideal number is 24.
For parties at home the maximum number is 15.
Yes. Our entertainers are experienced enough to include both boys and girls within a party. Our parties are packed with activities, games and dancing so there is plenty going on to keep them entertained.
Physical violence and offensive language will not be tolerated towards our entertainers or mascots.
Children who continue to behave in an unacceptable way will be asked to sit out and at this point we will speak to you to explain what has happened. Please do not allow children to punch, kick or pull our mascot costumes – as the person booking the party you will be held liable for any damage caused to costumes, mascots and equipment.
Yes, we have successfully run many parties in private houses if you have enough space. Please note that due to the nature of our parties – which can include live singing – we need space to be able to play group games and to set up a small PA system so as with a venue we will need a table, 2 chairs and easy access to a power socket.
Our Star Wars Jedi parties can only be delivered in halls or decent sized venues due to the nature of the activities.
Please bear in mind that it can be very hard to control children in their home environment as there are many distractions, we would always advise booking a venue if you are able.
Travel is included free of charge within 20 miles of NG5 (Nottingham). Over and above this radius travel is charged at 49 pence per mile each way. Travel over and above 20 miles is assessed on an individual basis and takes into account factors such as other party bookings that day and where they are located (which may impact the entertainer’s ability to get to your booking) plus other considerations. Some of our entertainers have mileage limitations on their insurance for example.
Please be aware that we probably won’t be able to cater for parties any more than 40 miles away from NG5 even with travel fees – it’s just not practical or fair on our entertainers.